Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Chalkboard Refrigerator


This weekend Kevin and I did one of our many projects. We think it is so much fun to make little changes in our house. We got this refrigerator a couple of years ago when we moved in for $20. Talk about a deal! I hated it because it was white and gross and didn't go with any of our brand new appliances. Kevin said to just be patient and we would get a new one soon. Well, those things are really expensive and we just never got around to getting one. One day while surfing the net I found this wonderful idea. I told Kevin and he said sure lets do it. So, one trip to Home Depot for some $12.99 chalkboard paint and now we have a great canvas. I loved how it turned out. We decided we would have a weekly Bible verse and would add random things. I got some really cute "m" and "k" magnets and I love them. I bought an extra can of paint so that when school starts back up I can do some cute thinks in my classroom. If you have any ideas I would love to use them. Hope everyone is staying cool during these hot summer months.

2 comments:

Amy B. said...

I love this!!!!!! You could add a little chalk spray to your writing center! I thought about getting the chalk stickers that are big circles to put in my writing center but... I changed my mind... They were a little costly!

Natalie said...

I love this. Staying home leaves no money for up grades. (same as being newly married) I want a black fridge so bad and that would be perfect. I am so going to do it. I will post a pic. If i ever get around to blogging again.