This week in my classroom we have been talking about pets. My kids have had so much talking about pets, so I decided that I would surprise them today and have them a fish for our class pet. We are supposed to have one anyway in Pre-K, but I hadn't gotten one yet this year since Bubbles Cutie passed last year. Ok, so that brings you to date. I was so excited yesterday when I went to get the Betta fish I stood there for about 20 minutes just looking them all over. I finally picked this bright royal blue male betta. He looked very active and just what I wanted. I brought him home introduced him to Kevin, talked to him all night long and he just peacefully swam. It was great! So, this morning I bring him to school put him in his new home and hid him so I could surprise the kids this was at about 8am. My class came up with several names but we finally voted on Mr. Jeremiah Bubbly! The kids were so excited....about 30 minutes later I look over and he had grown a massive amount of fuzz all over his royal blue body....GROSS! Then he was just laying at the bottom of his tank still breathing but very inactive. About 10 I went to check on him and he had died...are you kidding me...I have 20 four year olds looking up at me asking why he wasn't swimming. I told them he was taking a nap. One child yelled out "that fish is dead". I took him back to the pet store where all the others from yesterday were no longer....guess they all died too...I was trying to do a switch-a-roo on the kids. Oh well, guess I will just come clean and we will have a new fish with a new name next week. More to come!
Park City Utah
4 years ago








2 comments:
This is hilarious! This would only happen to you. I had a beta once that got fuzzy and died also. I tried to flush it once but it fought the stream and swam against the current! I put it back in the fish tank until the fuzz finally overcame him (or her).
LOL>..OH NO! That is so funny...bless your heart! I bet the parents got a lot of "death" questions.....
Post a Comment