Thursday, February 11, 2010

While I was sleeping......

Since I have been married I have learned something really interesting about myself. You might be thinking that I learned to be a wonderful cook or a great housekeeper....that is not the case. I have learned that I laugh in my sleep....like belly laughing, tears pouring, uncontrollable laughter. I guess I never new this before because obviously I didn't have another person sleeping in my bed with me. The first time this happened Kevin said that I woke him up because I was giggling and then the giggling turned to full blown laughter. In my head I think I know I am laughing, and I ask myself am I really doing this or is this just a dream.?!?!? So the first time Kevin talked to me while I was laughing and I told him through the laughter that I was seeing his face as a blue gusher (like those fruit snacks that squirt out juice.) Well, Kevin's face looked like the girl from Willy Wonka when she turns into a blueberry. Kevin knew that I wasn't awake so he got his phone and recorded that whole thing...so funny! The next morning I remembered the dream, but didn't realize what I had done. I thought wow, that is odd. That brings me to last night! Apparently, I started to chuckle a little and it kept getting louder and louder...now in my head I know I am dreaming, but I didn't think I was laughing out loud. So, Kevin hears me and I start laughing for a good 15 minutes he says I am laughing so hard that I can't get my words out.....I tell him that I am playing kickball and that everyone needs to step back because I can kick really far...someone rolls me the ball and something else kicked the ball not me it went really far up in the sky and I started running to first base....Effie my friend was in the dream and you have to know her, but she tells it like it is and she shouted that I didn't kick the ball that I was not good at kickball...i continued to run past first base instead of going to second base...I told Kevin it was because I was so fast and they needed to know how fast I was. If you know me you are laughing really hard right about now, because you know I can't run to save my life. He said just like that I was back sound asleep. Is that not crazy...I know my dream isn't funny to anyone but me and now Kevin, but I think it so funny how I remember everything about it and when I woke up for school I thought to myself that was a funny dream, it wasn't until Kevin sent me a text this morning and told me my dream that I realized I had really laughed out loud. I asked Kevin what he was thinking while this was going on. He said that he was laughing thinking this is why I love this girl! Isn't that sweet??

I think it is fun how people do funny things when they sleep. I am glad that I laugh because I think laughter truly is the best medicine. I am very light hearted most of the time and I think this reflects who I am! Do you do any funny/weird things when you sleep??

post signature

2 comments:

Diane Lafferty said...

BJ talks about concrete in his sleep. He will yell out "REBAR! PUT THE REBAR OVER THERE!"

LF said...

LOL! That is HILARIOUS. My husband laughs too...and he quotes phone numbers...he did that right after we married and I almost called the number to see if it was a girl. lol.